If you are an experienced Excel user who wants to build on knowledge and skills, this course is for you. Along with streamlining your workflow, you’ll practice features that help you collaborate with others, audit worksheets, perform data analysis, and integrate data with the Web. You will also cover functions to make your work life more automated and other tools that will make Excel do part of your job for you.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Create and edit macros.
- Apply conditional formatting.
- Apply data validation criteria.
- Protect, share, and merge files.
- Set and review revision tracking.
- Administer digital signatures.
- Trace cells and troubleshoot formula errors.
- Audit worksheets using a data list outline.
- Analyze data using trendlines, Sparklines, and scenarios.
- Perform a what-if analysis.
- Use Analysis ToolPak for statistical analysis.
- Consolidate data and link workbooks.
- Export and import text files and XML data.
- Import data from the Web and create a Web query.
Competencies covered in this course: Creating workbooks and formulas plus analyzing data.
Intended Audience: Public sector employees who use advanced tools for creating reports and analyzing data.
Pre-requisites: Completion of the Microsoft Excel Level 1 and 2 courses or equivalent knowledge and experience is recommended.