PowerShell provides many cmdlets which help busy administrators automate and script their work with Active Directory. This class will teach scripting using practical examples for the working Windows Administrator. With examples from simply joining a computer to a domain to security and deployment, we will spend a day learning how to make your job easier and more productive with scripting.
Performance Objectives: Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Describe how PowerShell and Active Directory work together
- Manage Domains, Forests and Computers
- Manage OUs
- Work with Group Policy Objects
- Implement basic security with Active Directory
- Implement backup and restore strategies
- Manage users using scripts
Competencies covered in this course: Prepares participants to use PowerShell to automate Active Directory.
Intended Audience: Windows Administrators who use Active Directory
Recommended Prerequisite: Knowledge of PowerShell and Active Directory