This class covers how you as an HR professional develops, contributes to, and supports the organization’s mission, vision, values, strategic goals and objectives. You will learn how an HR professional uses the organization’s mission to formulate policies, guide and lead the change process, and evaluate your own contributions to the organization’s effectiveness. This program has been approved by the HR Certification Institute (HRCI®).
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Define Strategic Human Resource Management terms
- Describe the relationship between an organization’s mission, vision, and values
- Conduct a SWOT analysis and be able to identify internal and external factors to consider
- Be able to develop long term objectives
- Actively participate in strategic planning and implementation processes
- Understand Legislative and regulatory processes
- Be able to articulate role of HR during change
Competencies covered in this course: Strategic management for human resources.
Intended Audience: Individuals seeking to enter the field of human resources; non-HR professionals in supervisory roles who have the responsibility for interviewing, training, evaluating, or disciplining employees; and new or experienced managers interested in learning more about efficient employee management skills.
Prerequisites: Human Resource Essentials.