Do you know how much faster SSIS performs under SQL Server 2012? Are you wondering what happened to DTS (Data Transformation Services)? If your agency is planning to upgrade or has already transitioned to SQL Server 2012, this class is for you. SSIS has exceptional Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) and integration capabilities, enabling you to more easily manage your agency’s data from a variety of sources. In this class you can practice making SSIS packages to transform data, create a workflow, and design maintenance routines in SQL Server 2012.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Describe what is new in SSIS 2012
- Use the Import and Export Wizards
- Create packages with the SSIS package designer
- Discuss the difference between control flow, data flow and packages
- Design packages which transform data from one data source to another
- Write basic scripts in .NET languages to allow custom data transformations
- Work with reliability and scalability
- Describe the relationship between connection sources and packages
- Create event handlers to manage interaction and data flow
- Encrypt sensitive information for more secure communication
- Debug, troubleshoot and optimize packages
- Resolve some of the more problematic issues associated with data transfers
Competencies covered in this course: Database Administration & Management.
Intended Audience: Experienced SQL database developers and managers
Prerequisites: While previous knowledge of SSIS is not necessary, at least 6 months of administrative and development experience with SQL Server 2005, 2008, or 2012 is strongly recommended. Some knowledge of .NET programming is also useful.