Dashboards and business intelligence visualization are hugely requested and popular and this class will get you ready to design, implement and deliver what your customers want and need. We will be covering both the design and reasoning behind a quality solution for your customer’s needs and also implement practical examples using current technologies
This course covers the Microsoft set of data visualization tools including Excel, Power View and even ASP.NET for web sites and mobile devices.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Describe dashboards and business intelligence and what they do
- Assess our customer’s needs and implement a solution based on them
- Understand how people think about and visualize data
- Choose the proper tool to be most effective (graphs, pictures, tables)
- Construct a process through which to build, test and deploy dashboards
- Understand why data warehouse style databases are needed
- Implement a visualization in Microsoft Excel
- Implement a visualization in Microsoft Power View, and ASP.NET
- Implement a visualization in Microsoft ASP.NET
- Describe the difference between Ad-Hoc Analytics and canned reports
- Discuss best practices and strategies for utilizing SharePoint
Competencies covered in this course: Prepares people to design, implement, and deliver data visualization.
Intended Audience: Programmers who are going to implement business intelligence reporting.
Prerequisites: Some SQL and some .Net Programming.