This course presents the rules for creating stored procedures and provides practical advice on maximizing their use. You will learn extended, system, and user-defined procedures as well as triggers. During this course you will study examples that show how stored procedures and triggers are used in the real world to implement database solutions.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- View system stored procedures
- Work with the SQL server security model
- Use system-supplied stored procedures
- Create custom extended stored procedures
- Program user-defined stored procedures
- Call stored procedures from applications
- Handle errors
- Work with triggers
Competencies covered in this course: Database concepts and management
Intended Audience: Public sector employees who are experienced database developers.
Pre-requisites: SQL: Querying with Transact-SQL (2 Days) or equivalent knowledge.