Organizations require comprehensive, highly scalable reporting solutions that will assist them in making real-time decisions across all levels of the enterprise. This course will help you design, create, view, and manage SQL Server 2012 reports. After setting a strong foundation in the basics, you’ll progressively add calculations, interactivity, queries, charts, and models to your reports. This course is taught on 2012 but is applicable to past versions of SQL.
Performance Objectives: Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Explain the enterprise reporting lifecycle and architecture
- Understand the installation process and requirements for Reporting Services
- Create a new report using Data Tools, Visual Studio or Report Builder
- Design a reporting structure and enhance its appearance
- Develop expressions with calculations, functions, and variables
- Work with parameters to add interactivity
- Create charts and work with images and gauges
- Add maps and spatial data types to reports
- Develop report templates
- Deploy to the report servers
- Use Report Manager
- Configure security policies for reports
Competencies covered in this course: Prepares people to design, implement, and deliver data visualization.
Intended Audience: Anyone responsible for creating SQL Reports with Reporting Services This course will help those using both SQL Server 2012 and 2008.
Recommended Pre-requisite: SQL Fundamentals