Camtasia is a versatile screen recording application that produces videos from anything you can view on a computer screen, including PowerPoint presentations, web pages, existing videos, and software applications. The resulting visual demonstrations can be posted to your website, YouTube, burned on CD/DVD and used for training, teaching, or marketing. In this course you will practice recording, editing, and adding effects to videos that will help achieve your organization’s objectives.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Discuss the basic theory of eLearning
- Compare and contrast classroom learning vs. eLearning (how people learn from both)
- Plan an eLearning project
- Explain the eLearning development process
- Develop an eLearning budget, including materials
- Use knowledge of your audience to create an end product with the right fit
- Explore the Camtasia tools, clip bin and library
- Record and edit videos
- Import images, “camrec” videos, and PIPs (picture in picture)
- Create and add title clips, transitions and callouts
- Add background music and recorded narration
- Produce a video for the web or CD distribution
- Apply Focus, markers, zoom-in pans, and hotspots
- Add and customize a Table of Contents
- Create a short, interactive Quiz for online learners
Competencies covered in this class: Creating and editing videos
Intended Audience:Experienced Windows and Internet users.
Pre-requisites:Familiarity with presentation software such as PowerPoint will also be helpful.