Do you want to be able to produce high quality videos for your business or website that creates a lasting impression? This course will give you the background knowledge, skills and tips you will need to create a video, enhance a business presentation, sell a product or create a training video.
This course is intended to instill basic competence in the many areas of knowledge that are needed to produce effective videos. We will discuss the fundamentals of what it takes to make a high quality, compelling, video, the process of producing video, terms, principles, equipment, software and more. Together we will walk through the process and create a short, quality video.
Class format includes lecture, hands-on exercises, and real world examples.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Understand the elements needed to produce a compelling video
- Learn the fundamentals of operating a video camera
- Explore video lighting
- Create audio recording for video
- Perform basic editing for digital video
- Understand important fundamental video production key terms
- Identify different software options for producing videos and learn the pros and cons of each
- Familiarity with various equipment options for video production
- Analyze videos and critique what “works” and what does not
- Create and deliver a video
Competencies covered in this course: Principles in creating videos
Intended Audience: This course is ideal for anyone, but especially communications professionals, who are involved in creation of videos
Recommended Pre-requisites: Knowledge of computers is recommended for successful completion of this course