This course will teach you how to design, install, configure and manage a SharePoint 2013 Server Environment. We will spend time with the key technology areas from architecting and planning for install, the actual install itself and then keeping the system up and running.
In addition, you will learn to use PowerShell as an effective tool for performing backups and restores and other administrative tasks. This course will cover best practices to help you get the most out of SharePoint.
Course Outcomes: Upon successful completion of this course you should be able to:
- Describe features and benefits of SharePoint 2013
- Design an information architecture around SharePoint 2013
- Install SharePoint 2013
- Configure SharePoint 2013
- Create and manage Web Applications and Site Collections
- Manage users and their associated permissions
- Secure a SharePoint 2013 farm
- Utilize PowerShell to automate administrative tasks
- Execute backups and restores to the SharePoint 2013 farm
Course Competencies: Students will learn to design, install, configure and manage a SharePoint 2013 Server Environment efficiently.
Intended Audience: This class is intended for IT Professionals needing to install, configure, deploy and manage SharePoint Server 2013.
Recommended Prerequisites: This class and is geared toward IT professionals that have some experience with Windows Server, SQL Server, and basic SharePoint knowledge