Data can be analyzed and displayed using various methods and tools. Knowing which is best for each scenario can sometimes be tricky. With this course you will use the ArcGIS software platform to review how best to portray the results of geographic patterns in your data. And learn how to design maps with the analysis results focused for your specific audience. Apply fundamental cartographic design principles with print and online mediums for your final maps.
Performance Objectives: Upon successful completion of this course you should be able to:
- Understand fundamental cartographic design principles
- Determine the best data classification for presentation on your map
- Create thematic maps using your analysis results while focusing on various cartographic design concepts
- Use Arcmap to symbolize data with custom color and symbol design methods
- Work with text and graphic additions in your map design
- Create a map series with data driven pages
- Share your map and data results in various formats
Competencies covered in this course: Prepares participants to design focused maps.
Intended Audience: Any individuals with an introductory level knowledge of GIS, and those seeking to develop their understanding of cartographic design
Recommended Prerequisite: Any individuals with an introductory level knowledge of GIS, and those seeking to develop their understanding of cartographic design.