We live in a time of unprecedented change. Yet two out of every three change initiatives fail outright or fall short of expectations. The reason: Organizations don’t change, people do!. Change can be challenging for many people. It often triggers strong emotions. The way leaders communicate and facilitate change has a big impact on how supportive, engaged and motivated people are during times of change.
This one-day Managing the Human Side of Change Workshop will provide leaders with fresh insights about transition and change. You will gain a practical model, tools and strategies for facilitating one of the most critical, yet often most neglected aspects of change management, the human side of change.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Understand the three phases of transition and change
- Recognize and positively manage your own mindset
- Recognize and support individual differences in response to change
- Support people through the stages of transition and change
- Deal with resistance in a positive and productive way
- Build long-term ownership and commitment
Competencies covered in this class: Managing Change, Coaching and Mentoring, Relationship Building, Interpersonal Influence, and Communication
Intended Audience: Public sector managers, supervisors, and lead workers who oversee the work of others