This 2-day course will cover the social and legal issues surrounding social media (i.e. usage rights, what is fair use, etc.). You will explore: social media platforms and demographics; creating digital content for the web (i.e. writing for the web, creating graphics), and more. This course will help you build a foundation for creating digital content and learning the basics of on-line marketing.
Performance Objectives: Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Understand rights and responsibilities for creating media
- Explore social media platforms and demographics
- Evaluate your web presence for effectiveness
- Determine what your website must have to help clients find you & understand your business
- Understand what SEO is and how you can drive web traffic
- Compose killer content and create and use images like a pro
- Learn how to attract clients/customers
- Explore blogging, email marketing
- Investigate social media strategies
Competencies covered in this course: Managing and creating content for a variety of social media sites
Intended Audience: This course is ideal for anyone, but especially communications professionals, who are involved in the conception, visual appeal and updating social media content.