If you are an experienced Excel user who wants to build on knowledge and skills, this course is for you. Along with streamlining your workflow, you’ll practice features that help you collaborate with others, audit worksheets, perform data analysis, and integrate data with the Web. You will also cover functions to make your work life more automated and other tools that will make Excel do part of your job for you.
Participants will use Excel 2013 in the classroom but there are not drastic differences between the 2007, 2010, or 2013 versions of this product and the features covered will work for any of these versions.
Course Outcomes: Upon successful completion of this course you should be able to:
- Use 3-D references, links and external references
- Consolidate data
- Collaborate and protect workbooks and worksheets
- Apply data validation
- Work with forms and controls
- Create and edit with macros
- Use Lookup and combine functions
- Create formulas and functions to apply conditional formatting
- Trace cells and search for invalid data and formula errors
- Use data tables and scenarios to determine potential outcomes
- Use goal seek and the solver tool
- Analyze data with analysis ToolPak tools
- Create Sparklines and use advanced chart features
Course Competencies: Advanced Excel
Intended Audience: People required to use spreadsheets and formulas in their work.
Recommended Pre-requisites: Completion of the Microsoft Excel Level 1 & 2 courses or equivalent knowledge and experience is strongly recommended.