Today’s business requires data to be compiled, analyzed and presented visually to make informed decisions. This course builds on the basic concepts of Excel 2016 level 1, providing more advanced tools for analysis and presentation of complex, realistic data. Practice the advanced skills necessary for working with complex workbooks, building complex function, using data analysis tools, making an impact with charts and collaborating with others.
This course covers Excel 2016; however, the similarities with 2013 version are such that all users should be successful learning this latest product. This course will also help in preparation to take a Microsoft Office Specialist exam for Excel.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Manage workbooks and customize the Excel Environment
- Work with named ranges in formulas
- Understand Excel tables and how to sort, filter, use structured references and validate data
- Consolidate data from different ranges or workbooks
- Use Logical and Lookup functions to make decisions and return information
- Find and trap errors, control formula options, and use array formulas and functions
- Perform calculations on dates, manipulate text and use some statistical and financial functions
- Understand how to use permissions to control access to and prevent changes in your workbooks, and about comments and change tracking
Competencies covered in this course: Intermediate level Excel skills, advanced formulas
Intended Audience: Anyone required to use spreadsheets and formulas in their work.
Recommended Pre-requisites: Completion of the Microsoft Excel 2016 Level 1 course or equivalent knowledge and experience is strongly recommended.