ArcGIS is a powerful and complex tool for viewing and analyzing data. With so much functionality available in the software, it can be difficult to get started. This 2-day class teaches essential skills for being efficient with ArcGIS. Explore GIS data through ArcMap and create maps to illustrate relationships in the data. Learn methods of displaying data with symbols and text. See how to ask questions of the data and get answers.
- Introduction to GIS (What is GIS?; What is ArcGIS?)
- Starting ArcMap (GIS Data; Working with ArcMap)
- Layer Symbology (Changing Symbology; Display Properties)
- Layer Properties (Table of Contents; Labels; Layer Files & Packages)
- Selections and Queries (Selecting Features; Interactive Selection; Select by Attributes; Select by Location; Using the Selection)
- Layouts (Data View and Layout View; Creating a Map; Map Elements; Map Output)
- GIS Data Types (GIS Data; Catalog; Item Description; Finding Data; Spatial Reference)
- Tables and Geoprocessing (Plotting Coordinates; Basic Geoprocessing Tools)
Intended Audience: This course is primarily for who want to learn the basics of ArcGIS.
Prerequisites and Recommendations: Students should have knowledge of Microsoft Windows®.
Note: You now will need to pay for your own parking. Parking is no longer included in the overall cost of attending this course. You may be reimbursed for travel expenses as under normal processes according to your agency travel policy.