It's time to refine your ArcGIS techniques. Spend a week and learn how to get the most out of your GIS software and data. In this course you will build your skills in a hands-on environment. GIS Academy is not just a collection of classes. It is an integrated work problem based curriculum designed to help you develop your abilities while you apply your skills to a week-long class project. By Friday you will have gone well beyond the basics and will have a new level of confidence to tackle more challenging assignments with enhanced productivity. Note: You now will need to pay for your own parking. Parking is no longer included in the overall cost of attending this course. You may be reimbursed for travel expenses as under normal processes according to your agency travel policy. Limited seating is available for individual modules of the Academy
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Understand changes and updates to the ArcGIS interface and their effects.
- Learn the essentials of SQL for advanced GIS.
- Understand assessor's extracts, build and join Access tables.
- Improve editing techniques.
- Improve their analysis techniques and tour GIS Tools.
- Use geoprocessing tools and models in your daily operations and analysis.
- Document your data: mastering metadata.
Competencies covered in this course: Geographic Information Systems
Intended Audience: Public sector employees with a fundamental knowledge of ArcGIS and geographic information systems.
Pre-requisites:It is recommended that you take GIS: Fundamentals of ArcGIS for ArcGIS 10.1 and/or GIS: Intermediate GIS Concepts.