If you need to create or modify complex business documents as well as customize styles and themes with Word, then this course is for you. You will work with components such as customized lists, tables, charts, and graphics. This course also covers how to perform mail merges which will be indispensable in the work place. Also, if you are interested in pursuing Microsoft Office Specialist certification, this course will help you prepare for the Word 2016 exam.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Insert, change and apply WordArt and SmartArt
- Manage documents using custom themes and pre-formatted context
- Use advanced character formatting, create and modify paragraphs
- Utilize reference tools and hyperlinks in documents
- Insert table of contents and charts
- Saving and publishing documents to distribute internally and externally
- Mark documents as final, encrypt content and restrict how users can edit
Competencies covered in this course: Fundamentals of Word
Intended Audience: Experienced Word Users
Recommended Prerequisite: To be successful in this course, you should be familiar with using personal computers, the mouse and keyboard. You should be able to use Windows to launch and close programs; navigate to information stored on the computer; and manage files and folders. To ensure your success, we recommend you first take an introductory Windows course.