This 2-day course lays a foundation for program success, for the new program manager taking over an existing program, and for existing program managers considering launching new programs. The course addresses the importance of program alignment with organizational strategic goals, program stakeholders, and the benefits provided by the program. This alignment ensures management support of the program and aligns the program for success. Practical program management approaches, tools and templates will be addressed during the course.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Apply benefits transition and sustainment processes to ensure program success
- Recognize and apply the characteristics of a successful program manager
- Understand the key elements of optimal program management
- Recognize and understand the essential phases and tools associated with program development and management, including:
- Strategic program management
- Program benefits management
- Program stakeholder engagement
- Program governance
- Program lifecycle management
- Program roadmaps
- Organizational environmental assessments and program impacts
Audience: Employees whose work involves the planning and management of programs.This course applies to private, public, government municipal and federal entities.