This 2-day course lays out the approach for building and implementing new programs, and re-visioning existing programs. The information provided in the course will inform and empower existing and new program managers faced with the prospect of developing a new program or updating an existing program, to make them more current with the evolving business environment. The course addresses the importance of alignment of the program’s ongoing operations and projects with the organization’s strategic goals and objectives, portfolio, stakeholder needs, and the organization’s capacity and capabilities. This alignment ensures program success. Practical program management approaches, tools and templates will be addressed during the course.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Understand the importance of strategic alignment between an organization and its programs
- Recognize the need for clearly articulated benefits and how to craft them
- Understand the key elements of optimal program management
- Understand benefit delivery as an essential aspect of program development
- Understand the importance of stakeholder engagement in the program development lifecycle
- Align program and project leadership teams to achieve success
- Develop a Program Management Plan
- Recognize and understand the essential phases and tools associated with program development, including:
- Strategic program management
- Program benefits management
- Program stakeholder engagement
- Program governance
- Program lifecycle management
- Program roadmaps
- Organizational environmental assessments and program impacts
Audience: Employees whose work involves the planning and management of programs.
Prerequisites: Program Management.