Take the power of Excel & SharePoint to the next level. Explore the concepts and benefits of putting business intelligence features to work for your team! You’ve collected, displayed, and updated data—now discover the right combination of tools to share and analyze that data to deliver compelling solutions. This class is a combination of theory and practice discussing how to use your data to answer the questions you have, and communicate with stakeholders.
Take control of business intelligence with the tools offered by SharePoint 2013 and Excel.
This 1-day course provides step-by-step instructions for understanding how to use technologies best in specific business intelligence scenarios.
Performance Objectives:Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Connect Excel to and existing database for real-time data delivery.
- Work with modeled data in Excel.
- Identify and work with key performance indicators.
- Create and work with PivotTables and Pivot Charts.
- Mastery of PowerView to design dynamic dashboards, graphs, maps and other visual tools.
- Build a basic dashboard with standard Webparts within SharePoint.
- Use Microsoft Excel services and publish workbooks and elements, such as charts and tables, in SharePoint.
- Create data-driven graphs, dashboards, reports in the SharePoint PowerPivot gallery.
Compentencies covered in this course: Experience in SharePoint as a user or owner.
Intended Audience: Anyone required to use spreadsheets and formulas in their work.
Recommended Prerequisites: This course is for anyone eager to understand the technologies that can help them, and their teams, measure, explore data, analyze, forecast, and report on the most important aspects of their business by using existing business data.