Building upon the concepts covered in the Foundations of Emotional Intelligence training, Emotional intelligence in Practice provides students the opportunity to deepen their skills. For each of the skills comprising Emotional Intelligence—Self-Management, Self-Regulation, Social Awareness, and Relationship Management—training participants will engage in several exercises to increase their measure of EQ. Participants’ experience will be vastly enhanced if they complete the Foundations of EQ training prior to this workshop.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Recognize their emotions and have gained skills and hands on strategies to keep their emotions in check.
- Understand what role their thoughts play in fueling their emotions. “What you think is what you feel and what you feel is how you act”.
- Learn how to reframe their thinking to positively channel their emotions gaining practiced skills in “cognitive restructuring”.
- Identify strategies for using their emotions to improve communication and becoming skilled at using tools to achieve more skill in these areas.
- Identify and practice techniques to handle difficult situations more effectively and improve working relationships. .
Competencies covered in this course: four skills that together make-up Emotional Intelligence, self-Awareness, self-regulation, social-awareness and relationship management.
Intended Audience: Public sector employees