Would you like to discover the secret of sustainable success? In this class, we help you learn what brings out your best self from the evidence of your own life and help you apply that best self to your current situation at work. The result is more success along with an increased sense of wellbeing and satisfaction.
Your Motivational Strengths are your most meaningful, energizing, and effective actions. Learning to use our Motivational Strengths helps make the best of difficult situations, elevates our capacities when things are going well, and fosters a growth mindset.
You will also learn how to appreciate and bring out the best in others, which helps create better relationships and more successful teams at work.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Learn how to best use your strengths in your job
- Understand your peak experiences and the actions that helped create them
- Learn to acknowledge your own strengths and recognize the strengths of others in order to shift thinking towards how each person can best contribute to the whole, even during times of change or challenge.
- Understand the basic psychological needs that drive authentic motivation.
- Identify what you can do differently to tap into your natural motivators and how to make it easier for others to do so as well.
- Shift your focus towards what naturally helps people feel safe and fulfilled, move towards collaboration and cooperation between people and away from activities and interactions based on control and compliance
- Identify the difference between authentic motivators that lead to actions that we naturally want to do and controlled motivators that cause us to take actions that we might not voluntarily take part in.
- Identify the appropriate use and consequences of controlled and authentic motivators.
- Learn how to communicate your own needs in an effective way while also learning to solicit the needs of others in order to bring out the best in your teammates
- Practice communication and coaching techniques for building understanding, resilience and a plan for change during challenging times.
Audience: Individuals looking to enhance their productivity and engagement in work and personal life.
There are no pre-requisites. This class is complementary to Clifton Strengthsfinder and the MBTI assessment. It will help you make the connections from these core abilities to how they contribute to your work