Design thinking is an innovative design philosophy and method for creating better products, services, and experiences. It is highly participatory with a focus on collaboration, listening, empathy for users, and experimentation. Design thinking is applicable across fields and in both digital and non-digital environments.
This class is intended for anyone seeking innovative, collaborative approaches to solving complex problems.
At the end of this one-day course covering the fundamentals of design thinking, you will understand:
- The design thinking method and how it can be used to solving complex problems and lead to innovative solutions.
- Techniques for quickly creating a team dynamic and climate that encourages risk taking, respect for multi-disciplinary perspectives and radical collaboration.
- Explore and practice research techniques to understand customer motivations, needs, pain points and to build empathy.
- How to turn customer insights into design prompts and how to utilize various design ideation techniques to refine design concepts, including storytelling, journey mapping, affinity diagraming, storyboarding, and prototyping.
- Techniques for rapid prototyping and guerilla usability testing to iteratively improve the user experience of your product or service.
- How to overcome common barriers for implementing design thinking at your organization to drive innovation.
In addition to formal instruction, you’ll be engaged in practical activities and learn through Relevant examples
- Hands-on exercises
- Physical prototyping
- Group discussion
- Specific guidelines and techniques
- Time for your questions
We offer workshops at our offices in Olympia and Seattle or can deliver training on-site at your location. Each attendee will receive a course binder including slides, exercises, suggested readings and resources.