Design thinking is an innovative design philosophy and method for creating better products, services, and experiences. It is highly participatory with a focus on collaboration, listening, empathy for users, and experimentation. Design thinking is applicable across fields and in both digital and non-digital environments.
Objectives:This class is intended for anyone seeking innovative, collaborative approaches to solving complex problems.
At the end of this one-day course covering the fundamentals of design thinking, you will understand:
- The design thinking method and how it can be used to solving complex problems and lead to innovative solutions.
- Techniques for quickly creating a team dynamic and climate that encourages risk taking, respect for multi-disciplinary perspectives and radical collaboration.
- Explore and practice research techniques to understand customer motivations, needs, pain points and to build empathy.
- How to turn customer insights into design prompts and how to utilize various design ideation techniques to refine design concepts, including storytelling, journey mapping, affinity diagraming, storyboarding, and prototyping.
- Techniques for rapid prototyping and guerilla usability testing to iteratively improve the user experience of your product or service.
- How to overcome common barriers for implementing design thinking at your organization to drive innovation.
Approach:In addition to formal instruction, you’ll be engaged in practical activities and learn through Relevant examples
- Hands-on exercises
- Physical prototyping
- Group discussion
- Specific guidelines and techniques
- Time for your questions
Workshop information:We offer workshops at our offices in Olympia and Seattle or can deliver training on-site at your location. Each attendee will receive a course binder including slides, exercises, suggested readings and resources.