This course is designed to help you learn the fundamentals of implementing Cisco switches and routers in multi protocol internetworks. You will learn the differences between simple routing protocols and how to configure them through hands-on instruction and lab projects. This course provides the installation, configuration, and troubleshooting information that you need as beginning routing technician to operate Cisco products effectively.
NOTE: Our certified instructors use the official Cisco Press textbook, mapping to the exams for Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Exploring Cisco interfaces and connectivity issues
- Assembling and cabling Cisco devices.
- Configuring and Operating a Cisco IOS device.
- Managing your network environment.
- Interconnecting Catalyst Switches.
- Operating Catalyst 2900, 3550 and 3560 Switches.
- Extending switched networks with virtual LANs.
- Interconnecting Cisco Routers.
- Interconnecting networks with TCP/IP.
- Determining IP routes.
- Managing IP traffic with Access lists.
- Configuring Novell IPX.
- Extending the Network to WANS
- Establishing serial point-to-point connections.
- Completing an ISDN BRI call.
- Establishing a frame relay PVC connection.
Competencies covered in this course: Hardware & networks
Intended Audience: Public sector employees who are Network administration professionals or Net+ Certification exam candidates.
Pre-requisites: Networking Essentials and IP Addressing, Net+ course or equivalent knowledge.