With open source code and a base of programmers in the tens of thousands, Linux is the fastest growing operating system in the world. For seasoned Linux implementers as well as newcomers, this 3-day course will fill in the gaps and bring you up to date on the latest developments. Acquire the key knowledge you need to get up to speed and be productive quickly, and practice installation, administration and troubleshooting tasks on both workstations and servers.
Although Fedora Linux will be used for the hands-on exercises, the knowledge gained in this course also applies to other distributions of Linux like Ubuntu and Kali.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Install and configure Linux
- Work with command line, GUI and web based interfaces
- Assess different Linux distributions
- Install applications on Linux
- Understand the file system structure and disk partitioning
- Understand shutdown and restart options
- Compile and install an updated Linux kernel
- Manage users and groups
- Secure an individual server
- Work with the permissions model
- Backup and Restore servers and desktops
- Set up an Apache Web Server
- Share files with Windows networks using Samba
Competencies covered in this course: Acquire the key knowledge you need to get up to speed and be productive quickly, and practice installation, administration and troubleshooting tasks on both workstations and servers.
Intended Audience: Users who are starting out or want a refresh in Linux
Recommended Prerequisites: Participants should have at least six months of experience supporting any operating system.