This course provides you with an understanding of what assertive communication is and why it is crucial to develop an assertive behavior on the job. The skills taught in this course are designed to help you present yourself and your ideas in a more positive and professional manner. Assertive Communication does not mean being abrasive or insensitive. It is an honest, direct, tactful approach to communicating effectively with:
- The public
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Identify different communication styles.
- Confront others in an effective and constructive way.
- Recognize when boundaries have been crossed.
- Discuss when and how to say “no.”
- Give & receive feedback from others.
- Identify and apply assertive communication skills.
Competencies covered in this course: Communication Effectiveness, Tact & Diplomacy
Intended Audience: Public sector employees who want to improve their communication skills.