Our customers include Washington state agencies, tribes, higher education institutions, cities, counties, and other 501(c)(3) federally-funded nonprofit employers. Our customers may also include government entities or public benefit nonprofit organizations of other states.
Instructor-led training (virtual and in-person)
We provide high-quality instructor-led training for public service organizations.
- Browse by course title (alphabetical list)
- Browse by category
- DES Leadership Development training
- DES Diversity, Equity and Inclusion training
- Certificate programs
On-demand training (eLearning and self-paced)
Our technology-based training and support reinforces enterprise priorities for Washington state public service organizations.
- Washington state eLearning courses
- LinkedIn Learning licenses
- Crucial Learning eLearning courses
- Franklin Covey eLearning courses
- Accessibility resources for eLearning developers
Contracts and procurement training
Find training resources and information for employees who administer, monitor, and manage contracts.
Here's what public service employees need to know for successful enrollment in our courses.
- How to register for a class
- Reasonable accommodation
- Training locations and maps
- Learner expectations
- Attendance policy
The Washington State Learning Center is the learning management system that allows state and public sector employees to search and register for courses.
- Log in with single sign on (SSO)
- How to log in with SecureAccess Washington (SAW)
- User guides and resources for the Learning Center
Training manager resources
We support training managers with information on services, products, and opportunities. We also coordinate a community of practice.
- Required and recommended training
- Accessibility resources
- Training manager meeting
- Participant process to complete course evaluations
If you are a training manager interested in customized training, please contact our learning consultant staff.
Subscribe to our topics below to get regular updates on training news and opportunities.
- Instructor-Led Training and Development Opportunities — upcoming classes, both in-person and virtual.
- Learning Connections — monthly newsletter for public service training professionals. Read recent articles on our Medium blog.
- Leadership Development — quarterly updates for any public service employee interested in leadership development.
- Online Learning Resources for Workforce Development — monthly collections of articles, videos, and other on-demand resources to support workforce learning and performance. Visit our current listing of resources.
- Small, diverse, and veteran-owned business opportunities and updates — includes training opportunities for small, diverse and veteran-owned businesses interested in statewide contracting.