Transfer Employee Forms

Congratulations on your new position within the state of Washington! The state offers a comprehensive benefits package. Your paycheck is just part of your total compensation. Eligible employees also have access to a competitive benefits package that includes health insurance, retirement, and vacation benefits.

Transfer Paperwork

As an employee who transferred from one agency to another, you will have several forms to complete within specified timelines to process your insurance benefits, payroll, retirement, etc. If you have any questions please reach out to the medical benefits specialist or the retirement benefits specialist.

Due on your first day:

If you were benefits eligible at your prior state agency and are benefits eligible in this position, you do not need to fill out the below forms. Your medical insurance will transfer with you.

Medical Insurance:

Your medical insurance will transfer with you to your new state agency as long as you are in a benefits eligible position. If you were not medical insurance at your prior state agency and are now eligible at your new agency, please refer to the New State Employee Insurance page for the required forms and information.


If you are being enrolled in FSA or DCAP, submit the WA State PEBB Agency Transfer form to DES Payroll no later than 31 days after the first day of work with your new agency.


  • Plan 2 members: No action is needed
  • Plan 3 members: As a PERS 3 member a new DRS Member Information form must be turned in. Until the form is received you will be set up as PERS 0 with only employer contributions coming out. Only when a new selection is made or the 90 days is up and the selection will default to Option A with a 5% contribution rate. Please contact with further questions.

If you were not retirement eligible at your prior agency and are now eligible at your new agency, please refer to the New State Employee Insurance page for the required forms and information.

Direct Deposit and Earnings Statement:

If you had direct deposit prior to your transfer, that information will follow you to your new agency. If you did not have direct deposit and wish to sign up, please turn in the Direct Deposit Form. To view your earnings statements, some state agencies use a secure, password-protected, online portal called MyPortal. Ask your supervisor or agency HR liaison if your agency uses MyPortal.

Rules and Conditions of Employment

Civil Service Rules

The civil service rules apply to all non-represented employees, except those positions or employees exempted under the provisions of Chapter 357-04 WAC. Non-represented employees can answer many questions regarding appointment changes, promotions, transfers, layoffs, recruitment, retention, and classification by referring to Civil Service Rules.

Collective Bargaining Agreements

Employees represented by a union should refer to their Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) for terms and conditions of their employment. The collective bargaining agreements between the State of Washington and the different unions can be found on the following website the Office of Financial Management website.

Ethics in Public Service

Washington State employees are expected to conduct themselves and their work according to their agency's values and ethical standards, as well as to comply with the Ethics in Public Service Act. Refer to Ethics for more information.


The Department of Enterprise Services Small Agency Services is here to support you during your transition. We are excited you are joining us and want to ensure that you are successful in your new role.

Please don't hesitate to contact your assigned agency payroll analyst or HR Business Partner with any questions you may have. You can also visit the Small Agency Toolkit at any time to access helpful information and materials for employees, supervisors and managers.