Building commissioning is a systematic documented process that helps ensure public facilities operate efficiently.
The DES Program Provides:
Professional Expertise: We help solve building problems, save energy and create a healthy and comfortable working environment.
Economical and Comprehensive Process: Project payback is typically 1-2 years. Customers receive project oversight and guidance throughout the entire process.
Prequalified Commissioning Firms: No need to advertise, customers choose from prequalified, reliable commissioning firms.
Contract Management: The process is managed from start to finish with contracts designed to protect the customer's interests.
It's a win-win opportunity:
For Building Owners
- Reduced utility costs/energy usage
- Fewer repairs/adjustments required
For Building Operators
- Properly operating systems
- Fewer occupant complaints
- Training on all systems
- Proper O&M manuals
For Building Occupants
- Healthy indoor air quality
- Comfortable working environment
Current Pre-Qualified Commissioning Firms
The list of pre-qualified commissioning firms is updated each biennium. Clients will enter into an Interagency Agreement (IAA) with the DES Commissioning Program and can then select from the following Commissioning firms:
- Engineering Economics, Inc.
- FSi Engineers
- TestComm LLC
- Welsh Commissioning Group, Inc.
Typical Commissioning Projects
To make facilities operate efficiently and reduce occupant complaints, consider commissioning the following:
- HVAC Equipment and Control systems
- Electrical and Lighting systems
- Fire and Smoke Alarm systems
- Building Envelope systems
- Lab and Process Equipment
Request for Services
The Energy Program Services form is the first step in letting us help make your facilities more energy efficient.
Or visit the Energy Program Contacts page.