How Consultants Are Selected
Consultant selection is based on anticipated project fees:
- Less than or equal to $300,000: Consultants may be selected from an established on-call roster.
- Less than or equal to $500,000: Consultants may be selected from firms in the A/E reference file.
- Greater than $500,000: Projects are advertised on Current Projects Advertised for Consultants and in various periodicals such as the Seattle Daily Journal of Commerce. Consultants who submit qualifications in response to the advertisement will be considered for selection.
All qualified consultants are reviewed and rated impartially.
- Phase I: Panelists consider the consultant’s written submittals and brochures, previous experience on state projects, and any listed or unlisted references.
- Phase II: Firms short-listed will be interviewed by the selection panel and scored against criteria developed specifically for the project.
Learn more about the panel selection process and gain first hand experience by volunteering. See Become a Selection Panel Member for more information.