Public Records Request
Public records requests can be made by mail, email, phone, or fax.
Mail: Public Records Officer
Department of Enterprise Services
1500 Jefferson Street SE
PO Box 41466
Olympia, WA 98504-2445
Phone: 360-407-8768 Cell: 360-480-8425
What to include
Include the following so that we can respond or contact you to ask for clarification if necessary:
- Your name, address, and telephone number or email address.
- A description of the record(s) requested.
How long will it take?
Within five business days of receiving the request, the department will respond and either:
- Make the requested record(s) available;
- Make a portion of the records available in installments as they are assembled;
- Deny the request; or
- Acknowledge the request and provide a reasonable estimate of time needed to respond.
- Public Records Copying Charges: Summary of DES charges. (The full statutory fee schedule is available at: RCW 42.56.120 Charges for Copying.)
Commonly Requested Records
Some commonly requested public records are available online: