Fleet Operations Roadside Assistance
Fleet roadside assistance is available for all Washington state “M” plate vehicles. M plate vehicles are state-owned and have a license plate with the letters “XMT” on the left side.
If you need fleet roadside assistance during normal business hours
If you need roadside assistance during our normal business hours, 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., please contact our fleet maintenance office.
- Call DES fleet roadside assistance: 800-542-6840
If you need fleet roadside assistance after normal business hours
If you’re in need of assistance outside our normal business hours, 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., please call our vendor, WEX, for roadside assistance. WEX is available 24 hours.
Provide the following information:
- WEX card number and expiration date
- Your personal fuel pin number
- Vehicle year, make, model, and license plate
- Exact location of the vehicle (street address, cross street, etc.)
- Phone number you are calling from
- Call WEX roadside assistance: 866-329-3471
If DES fleet roadside assistance can’t get the vehicle running
If fleet roadside assistance is unable to get the vehicle running, you can tow the vehicle to:
Tow location within Thurston County
DES Fleet Operations
1312 Fones Road
Olympia, WA 98501
Contact DES Fleet Operations as soon as possible at 800-542-6840. Leave a message if it’s after normal business hours.
Tow location outside Thurston County after hours
If Fleet Rescue is unable to get the vehicle running, tow the vehicle to:
- If the vehicle has a tire issue, have it towed to a Firestone or Goodyear location. If you have a mechanical issue, please tow it to the nearest dealership of the manufacturer—a Ford, Chevrolet, or Toyota dealership, for example.
- Contact DES Fleet Operations for guidance at 800-542-6840. Leave a message if it’s after normal business hours.
In either case, be sure to contact DES Fleet Operations the next business day or as soon as possible for more instructions.