Inclement Weather/Emergency Information Line
Call 833-313-2403 to hear a recorded message about DES status and instructions for employees.
There are no emergency messages for any of our locations or building access restrictions. DES is on our normal operations schedule.
If you spot an issue or area of concern, please immediately call the Work Management Center at 360-725-0000.
Mentorship Program for DES Employees
The Mentorship Program for DES employees aims to build relationships, develop broader perspectives over generational and cultural differences, and foster an environment within DES that supports the continuous development of our employees.
Mentoring is semi-structured guidance; one person shares their knowledge, skills and experience to help others to progress in their own lives and careers. The mentoring relationship is intended to be an open, supportive relationship rooted in mutual trust and respect.
The program is designed to:
- Increase retention and job satisfaction.
- Address talent shortages.
- Share intellectual knowledge.
- Develop and enhance leadership and management skills.
- Further DES work around diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Set professional goals and objectives.
- Obtain guidance or career direction.
- Provide networking opportunities with other professionals.
To participate, you must be a current employee at DES, and your supervisor must approve and support the time commitment. You will choose to be a Mentee or Mentor.
The next application cycle opens September 2023. Please visit insideDES for additional information.