Electric Vehicles (EVs)
As a state fleet we are federally mandated to reduce our petroleum consumption by adopting new vehicle technology. Electric vehicles are just one of the many new and exciting ways Washington State is using to lead the fight against climate change & establishing energy independence. And EVs are peppy and fun to drive!
Charging Electric Vehicles
- Where to charge your EV on the Capitol Campus
- How to charge your EV (YouTube)
Operating Electric Vehicles
Operating an EV is similar to using any standard automobile. Here are a few key differences you should know:
- Instead of plugging in at a fuel pump you will need to plug into an EV Charger.
- Advances in EV batteries have made traveling further much easier. Most EVs can make a 200 mile round trip every day.
- Get the most out of your EV with one pedal driving and regenerative braking.
For a chance to demo the Chevy Bolt, contact your Fleet Customer Account Representative at (360) 664-9215 or email firstname.lastname@example.org