Passenger Vehicle Purchase Request
How do I get a new vehicle?
- Executive and small cabinet agencies requesting a non-Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV) must obtain approval from the State Efficiency Environmental Performance (SEEP) office prior to any non-BEV purchases. View the non-BEV purchase exemption criteria and process.
- Complete the Passenger Vehicle Request Form.
- Have the form signed by your agency director.
- Submit the form to email@example.com.
What happens next?
- The Director of the Department of Enterprise Services or authorized representative gives written approval. RCW 43.19.620.
- A Fleet Operations representative is assigned to your request and will contact you.
Fleet Operations will handle this process for state agencies with fleets managed by DES.
- Executive Order 21-04 outlines fleet electrification targets for state and executive cabinets agencies .
- Directors must consider the benefits and costs for purchases that affect greenhouse gases or other toxic substances.
- Directors shall also prioritize battery electric vehicles or better emerging technology.
- For vehicle classes in which battery electric vehicles are not available, agencies shall prioritize the most cost effective low emission options available.
What if I am not with a state agency?
Customers who are not state agencies can use these contracts to purchase directly from auto dealers:
- Primary statewide contract to buy vehicles from Washington state dealerships
- Backup contract for motor vehicles - you can use this contract if the primary contract doesn't meet your needs