Passenger Vehicle Purchase Request

How do I get a new vehicle?

  1. Executive and small cabinet agencies requesting a non-Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV) must obtain approval from the State Efficiency Environmental Performance (SEEP) office prior to any non-BEV purchases. View the non-BEV purchase exemption criteria and process.
  2. Complete the Passenger Vehicle Request Form.
  3. Have the form signed by your agency director.
  4. Submit the form to

What happens next?

  • The Director of the Department of Enterprise Services or authorized representative gives written approval. RCW 43.19.620.
  • A Fleet Operations representative is assigned to your request and will contact you.

Fleet Operations will handle this process for state agencies with fleets managed by DES.

  • Executive Order 21-04 outlines fleet electrification targets for state and executive cabinets agencies .
  • Directors must consider the benefits and costs for purchases that affect greenhouse gases or other toxic substances.
  • Directors shall also prioritize battery electric vehicles or better emerging technology.
  • For vehicle classes in which battery electric vehicles are not available, agencies shall prioritize the most cost effective low emission options available.

What if I am not with a state agency?

Customers who are not state agencies can use these contracts to purchase directly from auto dealers: