Fleet Services and Repairs
Emergency maintenance or repairs
Maintenance or repairs for Fleet Vehicles
Need maintenance or repair of Agency owned vehicles? Use this link.
Schedule an appointment online for the Fones Road location only (Online booking only available for Oil Change and “A”-Service). To schedule other service types or arrange for vendor services contact Fleet Operations for more information.
Maintenance should occur at scheduled intervals based on the vehicle type and mileage (see State Fleet Operations quick reference sheet).
The assigned driver and the agency transportation officer (ATO) will receive an email notification of the required maintenance up to 500 miles before it is due. The email will contain an inspection sheet, which must be faxed by the vendor to Fleet Operations at 360-507-9262 or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org after the maintenance is performed.
- If in Thurston County, please bring state vehicles to DES Fleet Operations shop as a first choice when having work done to the vehicle.
- Any work on a DES Fleet Operations vehicle that is going to total more than $100.00 must be approved by the Maintenance Office prior to working on the vehicle. Any expenses that have not been pre-authorized and total more than $100.00 cannot be reimbursed and is at the expense of the customer.
- Any work that the state has on contract needs to be taken to a contracted vendor. Exceptions and guidance can be provided by the Maintenance Office.
- Vehicles that have an incomplete maintenance history with DES Fleet Operations Maintenance Office could trigger inaccurate maintenance reminders to be sent. If a vehicle has been worked on outside of the DES Fleet Operations shop, please contact and update the Maintenance Office at 800-542-6840 or at email@example.com.
In certain locations, Fleet Operations and/or partner agencies perform scheduled maintenance or unscheduled repairs. If you are within the following counties, you can request service online by clicking on the county link below. Your information will be sent directly to the partner city/county agency fleet operations shop:
You can request a loaner vehicle at the time you schedule your vehicle for maintenance. Charges for these vehicles are as follows:
- Fones Road location - Mileage rate only
- Other county locations - No charge
Basic Oil Changes, etc.
You may use a local "quick lube" vendor for basic services such as oil changes, windshield wiper replacements, fluid top-offs, etc. Any maintenance over $100 performed by a vendor must be pre-authorized by Fleet Operations. You can receive authorization by calling us at 1-800-542-6840. In addition, all invoices must be signed by the driver to indicate the service was received.