Green purchasing, also called environmentally preferred purchasing, means making thoughtful, strategic decisions to buy goods and services that have less negative environmental and health impacts than similar products.
Green Purchasing Guide for state agencies
The Green Purchasing Guide includes:
- An overview of state green purchasing laws, policies and executive orders.
- Checklists and questionnaires for identifying green purchases.
- Sample specifications, certifications and labels and buying guides.
- Boilerplate language for incorporating green goods and services into solicitations and contracts.
Download the Green Purchasing Guide:
Download the Green Purchasing Specifications:
Green purchasing templates and tools for state agencies
- Vendor green products reporting template (Excel, 1MB)
- Vendor green products price sheet template (Excel, 1MB)
- Procurement definitions (Excel, 1MB)
State Efficiency & Environmental Performance
- State Efficiency & Environmental Performance (commerce.wa.gov)
- Executive Order 20-01 (PDF, governor.wa.gov)