Defensive Driving (eLearning)
This course provides you with a high-level overview of basic information to help you drive safely. The course is intended for all state employees who drive their organizations' fleet vehicles or their personal vehicles for official state use. Note that organization policies and procedures may vary. Make sure that you are familiar with your organization's policies and procedures.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Plan for your trip from initial planning to mapping out the journey and understanding your vehicle’s operation.
- Apply basic skills to handle various weather conditions.
- Identify and avoid distracted driving and its contribution to accidents.
- Safely manage aggressive driving situations.
- Maintain situational awareness by being vigilant of other vehicles, motorcyclists, trucks, buses, pedestrians, and bicyclists.
- Understand the dangers and consequences of driving while impaired.
Competencies Covered: Driving
Intended Audience: Public sector organizations, teams, and individuals
Instructions to access the eLearning: Register for this eLearning now with the Washington State Learning Center. Search for: WA State Defensive Driving in the Washington State Learning Center.
Contact DES training team with questions at Traininginfo@des.wa.gov.