Pay, Leave, & Time (eLearning)
It is important that you know how to process your employees’ leave correctly, ensure they are paid accurately, and determine if your employees are eligible for overtime pay. This course will provide you with the information and tools to help you make these decisions in compliance with federal and state regulations.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Define the Fair Labor Standards Act and its relationship to the state’s Compensation Plan.
- Explain what a Compensation Plan includes.
- Identify and explain Additional Pay types and eligibility.
- Discuss employee salary increases.
- Compare employee and supervisor leave responsibilities.
- Define common leave types.
- Review the importance of tracking, documenting, and communicating leave information.
- Follow all procedures, policies, state laws, and federal laws relating to time and attendance.
- Define different schedule types.
- Identify your role in the timekeeping process.
- Ensure your employees are paid accurately by successfully tracking, reviewing, and approving employee timesheets.
- Identify resources for pay, leave and time.
Competencies Covered: Human resources, Pay and Leave
Intended Audience: Public sector organizations, teams, and individuals
Instructions to access the eLearning: Register for this eLearning now with the Washington State Learning Center. Search for: WA State Pay, Leave & Time in the Washington State Learning Center.
Contact DES training team with questions at Traininginfo@des.wa.gov.