DES eLearning Accessibility Workshop
The Department of Enterprise Services will be offering a number of eLearning Accessibility Workshops virtually. These hands-on workshops will provide learners with a brief overview of Section 508 and WCAG 2.0 compliance, as it relates to eLearning courses. Students will learn steps to ensure that courses developed in Articulate Storyline are accessible.
Introduction, Overview & the Law:
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Section 508: This website provides an introduction to Section 508, what it is and what it requires. It also includes a broad array of frequently asked questions directly related to Section 508.
Closed Caption for YouTube Videos:
- Articulate Storyline and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG): This article applies to Storyline 360, Storyline 2, and Storyline 3. The following table outlines the many ways we’ve optimized Storyline to meet WCAG 2.0 requirements, Levels A and AA. The design decisions you make while building courses in Storyline also impact WCAG compliance.
- Section 508 Roadmap: Follow the Revised 508 Standards to ensure your information and communication technology (ICT) is accessible and usable by individuals with disabilities.
- 6 Best Practices for Designing Accessible eLearning: How to create a course that is Section 508 compliant that people with visual, auditory, or mobility disabilities can use just as effectively as people without disabilities.
Creating Accessible Documents:
- JAWS: How to use JAWS to evaluate web accessibility.