DES seeks comment on draft environmental review for Pritchard Rehabilitation and Expansion Project on state Capitol Campus
The project will renovate and expand the Joel M. Pritchard Building on West Capitol Campus.
The environmental review process under the State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA) is designed to ensure that environmental values are considered during decision making by state and local agencies. The draft environmental review, called a SEPA checklist, identifies potential environmental impacts and strategies to offset the impacts. It occurs prior to other processes such as permitting.
Guide to commenting
Comments that address a specific aspect of the SEPA checklist, rather than simply expressing a preference, are most useful.
- See the Department of Ecology’s general tips for commenting
Submit comments online
Other ways to submit comments
Mail to: Department of Enterprise Services, LCM Pritchard SEPA Checklist, Attn: Clarissa Easton, 1500 Jefferson St. SE, Suite 3050, Olympia, WA 98501
Other ways to see the draft checklist
Copies of the draft checklist are available at the following locations for viewing:
- DES Visitor Center on the second floor of the Legislative Building, 416 Sid Snyder Ave. SW, Olympia, WA 98504
- Olympia Timberland Library, 313 8th Ave. SE, Olympia, WA 98501
- DES will review comments and make any needed updates to the SEPA checklist.
- DES will post the updated checklist, including any comment responses, to the DES website and at the physical locations listed above.
- DES will send notice to stakeholders.
- DES will seek additional feedback during the project design phase.
- Stakeholder meetings and updates at State Capitol Committee and Capitol Campus Design Advisory Committee meetings will continue.