DES preparing for low temperatures and possible icy conditions on the Capitol Campus
We are preparing for the weather forecast with the following actions:
- Our staff members will report to work earlier than normal throughout the week and over the weekend, as needed, to address concerns.
- Crews will be applying ice-melt and addressing critical areas of the Capitol Campus.
- Crews are ready with the equipment to remove snow and ice from sidewalks if needed.
If you spot an issue or area of concern, please immediately call the Work Management Center at 360-725-0000 or contact your building’s assigned property manager. We will work to mitigate building and campus concerns as they are identified.
If you work on the Capitol Campus and have questions about delayed work times at your agency or teleworking options, please contact your supervisor or follow your internal protocols for inclement weather.
We are prepared to temporarily close garage entrances and parking lot ramps if icy conditions develop.
- Department of Employment Security/Department of Transportation garage entrance from Capitol Boulevard.
- 14th Avenue Plaza Garage entrance from Capitol Boulevard.
- Natural Resource Building visitor parking lot entrance from Washington Street.
- North ramps within the Natural Resource Building parking structure.
The Plaza Garage entrance off Maple Park Ave. SE and Franklin Street SE will remain open unless ice accumulation become hazardous. The Plaza Garage serves as overflow parking for registered parkers and offers a free shuttle service to the West Capitol Campus for employees and visitors.