Public records requests may be made in writing, by email, phone, or fax to the Public Records Officer at:
Public Records Officer
Department of Enterprise Services
1500 Jefferson Street E
PO Box 42445
Olympia, WA 98504-2445
Ph: (360) 407-8768
Fx: (360) 407-9176
Please include the following so that we can respond or contact you to ask for clarification if necessary:
- Your name, address, and telephone number or e-mail address.
- A description of the record(s) requested.
How long will it take?
Within five business days of receiving the request, the department will respond and either:
- Make the requested record(s) available;
- Make a portion of the records available in installments as they are assembled;
- Deny the request; or
- Acknowledge the request and provide a reasonable estimate of time needed to respond.
- Charges- DES will notify you of any charges which may include costs of copying paper records, cost of CD or DVD. Currently DES charges $0.15/ image for copies and $0.18 for CD/DVD. Postage is additional.
Commonly Requested Records
Some commonly requested public records have already been posted: