Course Code: 01-03-EC33
Crucial Learning Crucial Conversations for Accountability
To hold successful accountability conversations requires preparation, self-management, and skills to talk about the gaps between observed and expected outcomes.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Manage emotions before and during accountability conversations.
- Prepare and plan for the conversation.
- Express gaps in observed-outcomes versus expected-outcomes.
- Create and maintain safety throughout conversations.
- Explore, with others, underlying causes in ability and motivation.
- Generate ideas and action steps jointly with others to address specific causes.
Competencies covered in this class: Communication effectiveness
Intended Audience: Public sector employees in lead positions.