Mind of a Manager, Heart of a Leader (24 Hours)
The most successful managers know themselves and know how to flex to their audience. They communicate clearly and with appropriate candor. They coach and mentor to develop the people around them. Mostly, they deliver great results. This is the gateway course to the Leadership Development certificate and it clarifies the full scope of these roles. It shows you your strengths and sets you on a clear path to solving for your challenges.p>
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Define and understand the difference between leadership and management and the necessities of each.
- Maximize time by utilizing tools and templates for repetitive management tasks.
- Understand the primary competencies required for leadership success.
- Identify your personality style and how it relates to your workplace or team.
- Explore some of the innate differences between people that can “push buttons” and lock us into power struggles.
- Recognize the importance of your role as communication conduit in order to drive results.
- Discuss the benefits of increased communication quality between individuals and groups.
- Improve your ability to get others efficiently doing the right work, and with the right intentions for the organization, it’s customers, and employees.
- Learn your leadership strengths and create strategies to manage for your leadership challenges.
- Increase your confidence in expressing yourself in groups.
- Leave the program with an action plan to implement what you’ve learned.
Competencies covered in this course: Performance Leadership, Communications Effectiveness, development and continual learning.p>
Intended audience: Mid-level functional or technical managers who want to grow in leadership standing and in their ability to influence positive organizational outcomes. Also team leads and supervisors who want to learn about management for future roles.