Building a Coaching Culture
This course teaches managers how to use the power of coaching in the workplace. You will learn how to develop teams and build employee skills in ways that allows them to create more productive and engaging work. You will learn how to build your own leadership and coaching skills. You will also learn how to instill these values in your team members.
Performance Objectives: At the completion of this course you should be able to:
- Identify the skills to be an effective coach.
- Understand the role of 'leader as coach.'
- Adopt a coaching mindset.
- Apply a Coaching for Empowerment model to enhance engagement and accountability.
- Demonstrate core coaching skills:
- Ask powerful questions
- Actively listen/empathy
- Guide the process
- Apply strategies for building a coaching culture.
Intended Audience: Public sector managers, supervisors and lead workers