Course Code: 01-03-EW64
This course will give writers professional tools for electronic messaging. It will help you gain key skills in handling email. You will learn the Plain Talk approach of electronic messaging that provides the right tone for customers and saves you from embarrassing, costly, or legal mistakes.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Handle email as a pro.
- Write clear, concise, customer-based messages.
- Use each part of the email format to talk “straight” to your customers – from the “To” line to your signature block.
- Create a personal checklist for how and when to use attachments.
- Create a personal checklist for writing Plain Talk email.
- Develop a workable process to manage and prioritize electronic messages.
- Consider how to speak electronically to your international customers.
Competencies covered in this course: Written Communication
Intended Audience: Public sector employees.