Creating Psychological Safety Through Conversations (24 Hours)
Are you putting off important conversations with co-workers because you don’t feel like there is an atmosphere of trust in your organization? This course will teach you how to create the right space for conversations that build trust and improve your effectiveness in the workplace. Crucial when teams want to align their goals while bringing out each member's best self, these skills are essential whether as supervisor or manager - needed at all levels!
This course focuses on building a team culture that is supportive, aware, and connected as well as developing roads to effective communication. Learn how to promote compassionate, inclusive, and respectful interactions by exploring the connections between biology and psychology when conversations go well and when they go poorly.
Build critical conversations skills to encourage understanding and growth within your team and yourself. Types of conversations will be explored including the purpose of each and how they impact trust and safety.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
• Approach difficult conversations in the workplace with an open mind and clear set of principles
• Understand how to view situations from other’s perspectives
• Gain the ability to share your own perspective in a safe and effective way
• Learn how to collaboratively align the goals of the team
• Design agreements that build commitment and action
• Create safe conversations that bring the team to common understandings
Audience: People that work in a team environment. Great for supervisors and managers.