Creating Psychological Safety Through Conversations
This course teaches you how to create the right space for conversations that build trust in the workplace, which is crucial for teams that want to align their goals and bring out the best in each member. These skills are essential for supervisors and managers to have safe and supportive conversations that lead to a more productive and healthier workplace.
This course focuses on building a team culture that is supportive, aware, and connected. You will learn how to promote compassionate, inclusive, and respectful interactions by exploring the connections between biology and psychology when conversations go well and when they go poorly. You will also build critical conversations skills to encourage understanding and growth within your team. Together we will explore different types of conversations, their purposes, and how they impact trust and safety.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Approach difficult conversations in the workplace with an open mind and clear set of principles.
- View situations from other perspectives.
- Share your own perspective in a safe and effective way.
- Collaboratively align the goals of the team.
- Design agreements that build commitment and action.
- Create safe conversations that bring the team to common understanding.
Intended Audience: This course is for all audiences but can be particularly helpful for supervisors and managers.