Facilitation & Presentation
Train the Trainer - Part 1
This course is designed to provide participants with the knowledge and skills to help them design instructional events. This training will cover effective communication and adult learning styles. We will discuss how to determine your audience’s needs and motivations so that you can design a training that is effective and memorable.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Identify the technical elements of the communication process.
- Identify the keys to effectively communicate with an audience.
- Identify various types of communication barriers to overcome them.
- Determine audience needs and plan accordingly.
- Organize material to be presented in a logical order.
- Adapt training to participant learning styles.
- Set objectives for a presentation taking into account the purpose, the motivation of the audience, and learning styles.
Competencies Covered: Communication, training, adult learning styles
Intended Audience: This course is appropriate for any employee at any level of the organization that is designing (or redesigning) a training event/activity.